Acne has become one of the most persistent and frustrating skin issues around. Almost everyone has had their own share of acne at different points of their lives. Well, if it happens at the wrong moment, you can always use the following tips to get rid of acne fast.
1. Lemon Juice – Being an astringent, lemon juice is perfect for closing up your pores. It’s also very acidic and kills off the bacteria that clog your pores. Lemon juice also contains some lightening ingredients that reduce any redness brought about by the acne zits. You can apply the lemon juice to the affected area and wash it off after a few hours.
2. Tea Tree Oil – Dermatologists have always used tea tree oil to ease skin irritations as well as acne. Coat all the acne affected areas with tea tree oil. Wash your face off after a few hours and repeat the procedure twice each week for the best results.
3. Lavender Oil – Besides being used for aromatherapy, lavender oil is perfect for clearing up acne as well as other skin irritations. You should add a drop of lavender oil to the affected area allowing it to soak. You can do the procedure several times every day but it’s preferable after your morning or evening face wash for the best results.
4. Basil Tea – Add a few basil leaves to a cup of boiling water and allow the leaves to soak in for a while. Let it cool down in your fridge for a few minutes. It should be used as a spot treatment but you can always apply it to the whole face using a cotton ball, especially those with an oily skin.
5. Witch Hazel – Just like lemons, witch hazel is also a natural astringent and is mostly used for clearing cuts. If it is applied to pimples, it tightens the pores and kills any bacteria clogging the areas. You should apply it to the areas on your face affected with acne. You can also use a cotton ball to apply it to the whole of your face.
6. Apple Cider Vinegar – It is also a natural astringent that clears up your acne and reduces the size of your pores. Use it as a toner and apply to the whole face. Also, you could dab it precisely on the acne pimples directly. You can apply it to your face as many times as possible for the best results.
7. Ice Cubes – It is one of the ways to reduce redness or swelling associated with acne. An ice cube will soothe the irritations caused by the acne and reduce the redness allowing your face to appear normal. You can always make ice cubes out of green tea for the best results.
8. Honey Mask – Honey is an anti-bacterial agent which clears up clogged pores and removes any dead skin on your face. Apply it to your face and leave the mask on for as long as possible and wash it off with lukewarm water.
With these tips, you can always get rid of acne fast and enjoy a clear face!